Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Mentally illness ? So what ?

When you guys hear about mentally illness , what comes to your mind ? " xiao lang " , " orang gila " ? In medical they are not " xiao lang " or "orang gila " , to doctors , they are patients , which their brains are not functioning properly . Well , they are pretty pity cause they are sick , they cannot control their own emotions . Schizophrenia , anxiety disorders , deppression and so on are brain illnesses . Of course there is a lot but just that i can't remember . Mentally illness patients will have some weird behaviours for examples : keep on washing their hands , keep on checking whether they have locked the door , gates or maybe windows la , scolding people without any reasonable reasons , violence and so on ..


Yes , i know that those behaviours that they are acting might not under their control , because their brains are disorder , we should be more understanding & should feel sympathy towards them . But how about our feelings ? It's really suffer for those who has a mentally illness patient in the family . Sometimes the patient might hurt you , say something which can hurt your feeling or even spoil your mood of the day and yet you can't argue with the patient cause his or her brain is not functioning well ! Sometimes even it is just a small matter but they can make it as a bigger problem . It is very hard to handle & live with the patient .

My old folk in my family , my dad , sorry to say that he's my old folk in the family , i know by calling him old folk is not nice . He has mentally illness , which suffer us for how many donkey years . Actually he had some symptoms in his late twenties or maybe early thirties it's just that we didn't realize . he used to control us strictly and we have to follow exactly what he wants . He keeps on scolding us with some stupid reasons that a normal people cannot accept . He always torture & have violence behaviours towards my mum which i cannot forgive him until now . We all are very panic most of the time & have to be extra careful with whatever things that we are going to do . What a suffer life & i hate it so much . His attitude is not good too & he always thinks that he is right & we are wrong most of the time . He never listen to others people's advices too .

For the passed 5 years , he is jobless until now . Can you imagine a guy without a job & have a wife with 5 children . The wife is a housewife & the children still have to go to school ? Gosh i tell you , that period was a disaster to me , my siblings & specially my mum . He didn't even bother look for a job , while my mum had found a job & i have found a part time job during my form 5 so that at least i have my own pocket money for my own spending . When my mum helped him to look for some jobs & asked him to go for the interview , do you guys know how did he respone ? He told my mum that if these jobs are so good how come there is nobody apply & go for the interview ? And he said it must be not a good job & cannot earn a lot of salaries that is why no one apply for those particular jobs . My mum was so angry & speechless , because she is trying to help him to find a job & at least he will have his own income to surport his own expenses but she had got this kind of respone from him . And he always give lots of excuses for not finding a job for example he needs to pick & fetch us this kind of stupid excuse .

Well after my form 5 , i was luckily enough to manage to find a job . At least i have a monthly income every month for my own & sometimes if my budgets allow i will try to help my mum to buy some households . At 1st it was my aunty who used to pick & fetch me to work & home . But sometimes if she goes for travelling then i have no choice that i have to seek for the old folk's help to pick or fetch me home if my boyfriend is outstation or my mum is busy . That old folk always blame that i am so troublesome when comes to the time i need his help to pick / fetch me by saying that i am working now why should i ask for his help to pick me up . He said he is very busy & have no time for these , but he is jobless how can he be so busy ? And i only requseted him to help when there is no one to pick & fetch me ! Well i got so mad that time & i have no choice that i have to buy a car of my own . My life changed a bit at least when i have owned my own car , at least i can drive to work , help my mum to pick my siblings all these ..

Recently , i think should be beginning of this year then only we realize that he has mentally illness . I think partly it is because of his bad attitudes too that cause him to have mantally illness . Secondly is because he is jobless until NOW !!! He is too free & have nothing to do so always bring out some small cases & argue with us . And right now still my mum has to give him some pocket money for his expenses , his expenses is kind huge you know .Everyday he just lying on the sofa , sleep , eat , keep on complaining that he is very suffer after he had taken his mentally illness madicine . I am so tired of going home most of time seeing him . As he likes to bring some small cases & argue with me & my family members . Until i have totally given up & don't feel like talking to him anymore ! It's useless to talk to him as he thinks that he is right all times . So i always keep myself busy & don't wanna stay at home most of the time . Don't feel like seeing him anymore . I really feel stress facing him . So most of the time i will hang out with my buddies & talk about my problems with them , sing k to release my stress & try to talk to my boyfriend about this .

Well guys , try to control your own emotions . Sometimes don't be so particular with some small matters . Just give & take , life will be more easier . Try to release your stress or emotions in correct ways . Share with your buddies or the one that you love or close to . Don't end up like my old folk .

4 comments:

  1. ally u are so blessed to have good friends and siblings around you and also a good boyfriend... so enjoy life as mumch as u can and dun care about ur dad ok? since he is like tat then just take he's word go into ur left ear and out from the right ear... If both sides of the ear cannot out then fart it out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hai,Ally, life is not a bed of roses...be strong. I can ensure you that when you look back one day. you will find that all these storms of your life will make you grow stronger. Don;t forget to pray and ask God to give you patient & strength to overcome it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sean ... U're trying to make me laugh har .. Hahaha ... Don worry i'm ok .. Just that that day early in the morning so angry , then wrote this just to express my feeling so that i will feel better .. Thanks for your concern by the way even it's funny .. You're my best friend always .. Hehehe ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jace .. Thanks for your concern & advices ... I will stay strong & take it as a part of my life . Hehe .. Glad to have you guys as my colleagues too =)

    ReplyDelete